Thursday, February 14, 2008

Haiku and New Age Piano? Yes!

I've been playing piano for a long while now. I love the piano and music. But I have other interests as well. One of them is Haiku.

I love this form of poetry for its directness and fresh appeal. I've even written 2 little volumes of poetry.

Recently, I wrote a report titled: "How to Write Haiku!" It outlines the modern approach to haiku poetry which lets go of the traditional 5-7-5 syllable count.

A lot of my haiku peers don't get how haiku can be anything other than 5-7-5. But today's haiku poet's have been writing without a strict syllable count for a long while now.

Anyway, find the free report at http://www.wisteriapress.com

Comments:
the moon hangs still
over meadows wide -
hiding cicadas
 
Dear Edward,

If you or your readers are interested in entering our 3rd With Words International Online Haiku Competition please do check us out.

all my very best

Alan
2010 With Words Haiku Competition: weblink
.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]